Cougar dating has always fascinated the younger male and it will continue to do so. With the advent of cougar dating online and cougar dating sites, it is pretty easy to date a cougar provided you are done with the basic introductions. With more cougar dating younger men cases than ever before, here is a peek at 10 dating skills that will make a date with a cougar memorable for you.
- Firstly, you should take a good look at your appearance, and ensure that you are well groomed with the clothes of a gentleman. Cougars put a lot of weight on how their younger cubs dress and act in public places and you should respect that. Unless you are a very handsome person or are extremely well groomed, you will not make it with a cougar. They have very high standards when it comes to looks and appearance, and this is one aspect that is hardly going to change.
- To find a cougar and have a successful date with her, you need to be at the right places at the right time. Many a cougar relationship has started in elite bars, nightclubs, and pubs where a simple drink has turned into a world of possibilities. Hence you pay attention to non-verbal cues as well as what a potential cougar is saying to get the date off to a good start.
- Another great tip to follow is to be bold when dating a cougar. They like to see confident young men who are not intimated by their older age and highly successful careers. They like a guy who is in the relationship for the sake of the cougar without her trappings of fame and success. Eye contact is a very important aspect when talking to cougars, they appreciate it and because eye contact is a foreteller of aggression, cougars know they will not be disappointed when it comes to passionate and aggressive love making later on after the date.
- A lot of younger males make the bad choice of flaunting their hard earned money in front of a cougar while on a date in order to impress them. Unless the cougar you are with is a washed out former streetwalker, this does not earn you any bonus points. Cougars are highly successful women and they have high paying jobs and businesses where it allows them to have financial freedom, the likes of which you have yet to experience. Do yourself a favor and keep the money in your wallet. Paying for a couple of drinks is okay, but the onus of paying for the date should rightly rest with the cougar in question.
- You have to act mature and wise beyond your years when you are with a cougar. And this is one act you cannot pull off with certainty unless it is an inherent trait with you. Try to build up intelligent conversations and maintain eye contact. Also, do not hesitate to ask your date to explain something that you did not understand. Chances are pretty high that you will be appreciated for your honesty and she will warm up to you.
- Drawing from the last point, do not act like an immature schoolboy. She is not your mom, and you may be asked to accompany her as a date to some high society events were the last thing she wants from you is childish behavior. Learn to hold your ground in conversation and manners as well. Remember that cougars are far from being college girls; they do not appreciate slapstick comedy or raunchy jokes in a public setting. Instead, show your sense of humor while being engaged in meaningful conversation.
- Another important point is that once you fix a date with a cougar, make sure that you show up, preferably five minutes in advance. Cougars are very particular about their time and do not appreciate a date who is slack with time. To them, time is a precious commodity and it should not be wasted. After you manage to win over your cougar, it is okay for you to take her out to fancy places once in a while on your tab, but then again, do not make this a show of wealth, because she will beat you hands down on this count.
- Do not hesitate to convey your feelings to her. This does not mean that you have to go all mushy over her. A few subtle touches and steady eye contact will work wonders for your date, and make her come back for more. Relax over some wine and speak on mutual matters of interest.
- You should be aware of your place in a relationship with a cougar. Most cougars date younger men for the vibrancy and youthfulness they bring in, a[part from the obvious sexual point of having a virile partner in bed. Do not disappoint her on this last count, and you can expect to see many a date ending up with the two of you retiring to her bedroom for some hot action beneath the sheets.
- Once you finalize a date with your cougar, do not keep calling her over the phone. This signifies immaturity and insecurity, both of which a cougar does not like at all. If she has told you that she will be there at 6 pm, you can expect her to be there. There is no need for you reminding her time and again. Desperateness is one thing they abhor.
The above tips for dating a cougar will stand you in good stead when you start a relationship with the best foot forward. These cardinal rules will help to shape your personality for the better as well.